PlayStation 2 is one of the most popular popular console developed by Sony. It has been more than two decades since the production of PS2 console has stopped but may players still want to enjoy PlayStation 2 games.
You must remember that earlier peoples used to play games on handheld gaming consoles with black and white screens.
As the craze of gaming increased among people, numerous companies started investing in this field.
Also Read > Top 5 Best PlayStation 2 Emulators
These companies launched some consoles with unique features and a variety of games.
Companies like Nintendo and Sony released their handheld consoles with colorful screens and evolution continues.
Currently, there are numerous Gaming consoles with high configurations are available in the market that you can use to play high graphic games.
Sonly had reently launched a console called, PlayStation 5. After PlayStation 2, Sony developed PlayStation 3, 4 and 5.
Also Read > Top 5 Best PlayStation 2 (PS2) ROM Sites
Each console has better features and configurations than the previous one but PlayStation 2 is one of the best PlayStation ever and many people still love to play PlayStation 2 games.
This is why people use emulators to play PlayStation 2 games on their PCs.
What if I tell you, to play PlayStation 2 games on PC you don’t need to use Emulator.
Yes, you read that right!.
Instead of emulator PS2 emulators, you can now play PlayStation 2 games online without downloading or installing an emulator.
The only thing you need to play PS2 games online is a stable internet connection. If you have a stable or strong internet connection but don’t know how to play PS2 games online then follow the steps written below.
How to Play PlayStation 2 Games Online
There are multiple websites available on the web that allow players to play PS2 games online. One of those websites is ps2online.com.
When you visit Ps2online.com, you will be amazed to see the number of PS2 games it has to offer.
Irrespective of what PS2 game you want to play online, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- First, open your web browser and visit ps2online.com.
- Once you are on the site, go to Settings tab and then go to Network and HDD.
- Under Network and HDD, checkmark the box if it isn’t already checked.
- For ethernet device type, make sure it is set to Sockets, and then for ethernet device choose your internet connection adapter. If you’re on Wi-Fi or ethernet choose that one.
- After doing this, close the window and choose the game you want to play.
- As an example, we are going to use Star Wars Battlefront 2.
- Now load into the game and choose the multiplayer option and choose the Internet option.
- Next, we need to add network configuration to access the ps2online.com server.
- For that press the square button on your controller to open Sony’s network utility here.
- Under the Network Settings, choose Add Settings and choose the memory card slot that you want to save it in.
- Select Yes and press right to select your ethernet adapter ‘not required’ for the use of PPPoE.
- Next IP Address leave this on auto and now for DNS scroll down to manual and select it.
- When you press right, you’ll be asked to enter in a DNS server and that is where we are going to enter the ps2online.com DNS server address.
- You can get the DNS server address at the top of your screen when you first visit ps2online.com.
- Here, you can enter 184.108.40.206 as a DNS server address.
- After that, press right again, it’s going to do a connection test.
- Once the network test is completed, you have to rename the Settings and press right one more time.
- Now, press the Cross button to save the Settings.
- Once settings are saved, you will get back to the network Settings menu, press Circle to exit out and select Quiet.
- Now, you’ll be returned to our example here Battlefront 2.
- Again, select Multiplayer from the main menu.
- Then it will ask you to pick network type and select Internet.
- Now you can see the network configuration name that you have renamed during the configuration process. Select it.
- It will take a few seconds to establish the connection and you will be connected to Battlefront 2 game server.
- Now, it will ask you to create an ID or anything, just select No.
- Next, you can see some internet options you can either create a lobby or join one.
- After selecting the lobby, let’s assume you choose to join the Lobby, next you have to select the game.
- Here, you can see some glitches servers that you can join.
- Next you have to join the server that has some players in it.
- After joining the server, you will be able to Star Wars Battlefront 2 PS2 version online through a private server.
That’s all you need to know about how to play PlayStation 2 Games Online.